Use check spelling with more than one language.

MinimusDix

Use check spelling with more than one language.

Post by MinimusDix »

Hello,

Ιs there a way I can use the spell-check with two languages ​​at the same time?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Use check spelling with more than one language.

Post by SuperTech »

Yes, you can use spell-check for any number of languages without any problem. Please set appropriate language of the text from ribbon command Review | Spelling group | Change language. After that when you will run spell-check it will check those text for those specific set languages.
MinimusDix

Post by MinimusDix »

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. My problem is that I cannot activate and use two languages at the same time. Every time I have to manually change the language (from the language box in spelling) in order to activate the spell check unless I want to use one language then it works fine.
Thank you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

MinimusDix wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:21 pm My problem is that I cannot activate and use two languages at the same time.
Please let us know what problem/error you are getting while changing language from ribbon Review | Change language.
stascheit

Post by stascheit »

You cannot enable two languages at the same time.

But you can
a. have a default language for the whole document (with the command File | Options, on the language tab). English, for example.
and b. select parts of the text and change the language for this text from default to another language (with the "Change language" button on the ribbon tab Review | group Spelling). German, for example.

Then you have an English spell check for the whole document and a German spell check for the parts of the text you selected as German.

Please see the online help here: Application examples
MinimusDix

Post by MinimusDix »

That's what I'm currently doing, and I was asking if there is an automatic way to do it.
Anyway, thanks for you answers.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

You can format any piece of text in any language. One sentence German, the next English, and TextMaker will use the appropriate spell checking language.

You can also defined character styles that only set the language, so that you easily tag your text. As a bonus, you can assign shortcut keys to these character styles, so that setting English for the selected text could be, for example, Ctrl+Shift+E.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
MinimusDix

Post by MinimusDix »

That was very informative, thank you.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”