Keyboard shortcuts / hotkeys

springtide

Keyboard shortcuts / hotkeys

Post by springtide »

I know the shortcut keys to jump to the next word, paragraph, or page of the document. Does anyone know the keyboard shortcut to jump to the next section/chapter (created via Insert/Section Break)?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Keyboard shortcuts / hotkeys

Post by SuperTech »

Currently, there is no hotkey to jump to the next chapter, but I have forwarded this request to our product management...
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

F5, select "Chapter", use Previous and Next buttons.

Alternatively, click on the red dot in the bottom right, select "Chapter" and use the Up and Down buttons.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
springtide

Post by springtide »

Thank you!
springtide

Post by springtide »

Another hotkey/shortcut question. Is there a key combination to hide/show just the left or just the right sidebar? I can show/hide both sidebars by assigning a shortcut key to "Sidebars" in the Customize User Interface dialog (Ribbon: File/Customize/User Interface). But I never want to see both sidebars simultaneously. I usually want only the left one, for sidebar searches. I can then close the right one with a click, but would prefer not to have to.

(Tip: I assigned Shift-Alt-K to the "Customize" command - the first one in the list, without an icon - so I can get there quickly. I find this is the best place to look up all the commands possible in Softmaker Office. It works in Microsoft Office too.)
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

You can customize sidebar display by ribbon command View | Group Windows | Sidebars dropdown, there just uncheck all options of right sidebar and then TextMaker will not show you right sidebar in the future.
springtide

Post by springtide »

A very belated thank you to SuperTech for the sidebar tip.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”