Embedded equation in document becomes object and is lost

Tom123

Embedded equation in document becomes object and is lost

Post by Tom123 »

Hi,

this issue may be related to the issue: https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=389&t=22294.
  1. I have created the document "Original.docx" which includes a simple equation with OnlyOffice (ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors version 6.4.2.6). I have verified its contents without saving also with LibreOffice 7.2. The equation was correctly interpreted and could be edited.
  2. I have opened the document "Original.docx" with TextMaker2021 (TextMaker Professional 2021 (rev S1038.1028) 64bit ) to find that the equation was still correctly displayed, but was converted into some "object". I have added a screenshot of this result and saved the document under "SavedByTextMaker2021.docx".
  3. I have re-opened the file "SavedByTextMaker2021.docx" with OpenOffice (and LibreOffice 7.2) to find that the original equation was gone. I added a corresponding note and saved the result in the file "ReOpenedAndSavedByOnlyOffice.docx".
The missing equation editor in SoftMaker Office is already a pain, but if an equation is found in a file, I would appreciate, if it was kept "as is" and not modified so that it is eventually lost.

Regards
Tom
Attachments
ReOpenedAndSavedByOnlyOffice.docx
Opened and saved by OnlyOffice
(28.96 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
SavedByTextMaker2021.docx
Opened and saved by TextMaker2021
(36 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Original.docx
Original file created by OnlyOffice
(21.29 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Embedded equation in document becomes object and is lost

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I was able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our developer team.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Embedded equation in document becomes object and is lost

Post by SuperTech »

Our developer team has fixed this problem and the solution will be included in the next service pack of SoftMaker Office.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”