[Resolved] Can I select multiple footnotes at once?

Eumaios

[Resolved] Can I select multiple footnotes at once?

Post by Eumaios »

Hello,

When I create footnotes, each footnote seems to be its own separate item, even when there are multiple footnotes on the same page. As a result, I cannot select text in more than one footnote at a time.

Is there any way to select text across multiple footnotes (or all footnotes) at once? I've tried using the mouse, shift and the arrow keys, and Ctrl+A.

Thank you,
Eric
Last edited by Eumaios on Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Can I select multiple footnotes at once?

Post by SuperTech »

Currently, selecting multiple footnotes is not possible in TextMaker, but I have forwarded this as a feature request to our developer team.

However, the question is why you want to do this. If it is only about changing the text formatting, this can also be accomplished by changing the paragraph style "Footnote text".
Eumaios

Post by Eumaios »

Aha, that is exactly why I'd like to select multiple footnotes at once.

In particular, I'd like to keep the font of the Western text in the footnotes as Times New Roman, but to switch the font of the Asian (Korean) text in the footnotes from Batang to NanumMyeonjo.

When I open Paragraph Styles from any footnote, I am sent immediately to the Footnote Text section, but I see no option for changing the font in which the Asian text displays.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Be sure to turn on Extended Asian support in the File | Options dialog box.

Also, as a suggestion, the Footnote Text style inherits from the Normal style. As you likely want to use the same Korean font everywhere, you could as well change the Normal style instead.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Eumaios

Post by Eumaios »

Thanks, yes, I'd already turned on Extended Asian Support. But I still saw no way in Paragraph Style to change Asian text from one font to another.

Here's the solution I just found using Martin's hint: by right-clicking anywhere on the document and selecting Character, I could change the Asian font and then set it as default (either in that document only or also for the Normal template). That changed the Asian font throughout the document, not just on a particular word or selection.

Thanks to all for their help! (This is a very kind forum!)
Eric
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: [Resolved] Can I select multiple footnotes at once?

Post by martin-k »

With Extended Asian support on, edit the paragraph style. In the dialog box, click on the Character... button to change the text formatting, including the Asian font.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Eumaios

Re: [Resolved] Can I select multiple footnotes at once?

Post by Eumaios »

Thank you, Martin; very clear!
Eric

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”