Opening dotx templates from file manager

Goghard

Opening dotx templates from file manager

Post by Goghard »

I use dotx files (with “t”) to save my templates. That way, I can copy them in a USB stick and use them in other computers. Also, dotx files are useful for sharing my templates with colleagues.

When I double click a dotx file in a file manager, the expected behaviour is that the word processor opens a new document based on the template. However, when I double click on the dotx template in my system, TextMaker opens the file as if it were a regular docx document.

Is it possible to make TextMaker to open a new document based on a dotx template when opening it from a file manager, instead of opening the template as a regular document?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Opening dotx templates from file manager

Post by SuperTech »

Normally, whenever you open any DOTX file by double-clicking in file manager, TextMaker creates a new file based on this template.

Please try this process with any other file manager and also check if you are getting this problem with all DOTX files or with this specific one only?
Goghard

Post by Goghard »

It’s working now! I’m not sure what was the problem, but after the last SMO update, now I can use dotx files as expected. I guess it was a misconfiguration in my system. Thank you.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Double click on a dotx file = New untitled blank file based upon it
File | Open a dotx file = Open the template itself for editing

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”