Pressing F12 key crashes TextMaker

Simorgh

Pressing F12 key crashes TextMaker

Post by Simorgh »

Hi SoftMakers,

Pressing the F12 key while in TextMaker puts the app in a non responsive state.
Running rev S1034.0713 on openSUSE 15.3.

Thank you in advance.

Update:
Please note that doing the same thing (pressing F12) in PlanMaker does open the file manager, and PlanMaker doesn't crash at all.
Last edited by Simorgh on Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lgsl

Re: Pressing F12 key crashes TextMaker

Post by lgsl »

I can reproduce this on openSUSE Tumbleweed
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

This simply starts the file manager which has to scan your hard disk. This might take some time. If you don't want this to happen by accident, customize the keyboard and remove F12.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Simorgh

Post by Simorgh »

martin-k wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:46 pm This simply starts the file manager which has to scan your hard disk. This might take some time. If you don't want this to happen by accident, customize the keyboard and remove F12.
Thank you for your reply.
I am no expert but it shouldn't need to lock the whole process (until killed manually) and lock TextMaker. I wonder why the same thing doesn't happen in PlanMaker?! Pressing F12 while in PlanMaker, opens the File Manager within a second on the same system.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

As Martin mentioned, opening File manager, scan the last folder you opened with File manager. So, in TextMaker you opened a very large folder, but in PlanMaker you didn't. That's why now in TextMaker pressing F12 is taking long time but not in PlanMaker.

I have checked this problem and sent the details to our developer team for some improvements.

Meanwhile, please close your SoftMaker Office applications and rename home/Softmaker folder, after that check if you are getting this problem in TextMaker or not.
Simorgh

Post by Simorgh »

Doing this, I loose all my settings. Is there a file that I can edit so it doesn't load the mentioned folder (big folder which I don't know which one it is)?

Thank you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

If you want to keep your old settings, please revert to rename process which you followed before and all your settings will be back.

Yes, there is a setting file also. :)

Please open Documents/SoftMaker/tmw21config.ini file, in which you will find an entry with "Documents=", set this with a folder path which don't contain large number of files and this problem will be solved for you. Please take a backup of this file before making any changes so that you can restore if anything bad happens.
Simorgh

Post by Simorgh »

I did find the file ~/SoftMaker/Settings/tm21config.ini but not tmw21config.ini and did change the "Documents=" field path and the problem disappeared.

Thank you

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”