custom colour names

jmarc

custom colour names

Post by jmarc »

I wamt to rename the colours in order to keep their meaning in my document.
This action works well untill I close Textmaker amd reopen it (including the same document). All the colours are automatically renamed back
to colour xx.
For me it's a bug.
jmarc

Re: custom colour names

Post by jmarc »

Additionnaly, trying to work around this issue, TextMaker proceed automatically to optimisations, merging colours if they are the same, changing the order. Why to not let them as they are, and only optimise if the user explicitly requests it?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem of name change. I have forwarded the details to our developer team for further investigation.

Re-ordering of colors is because of above-mentioned name change problem, but why you want exactly same color with multiple names ?
jmarc

Post by jmarc »

I answer your question.
I want to give a meaning to the names. I may have the same colours with multiple name because :
These names can be associated to different portions of text, for example keyword, address or whatever else.
At a first time I wish they hold the same colour but in the future may be I want to change one of them.
In this case I want to be able to modify the colour of one kind of text without changing the other ones.

It is the same idea as "hardcoded" vs "configuration". This is the way I wish to use the "palette".
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the reason. I have forwarded this request also to our developer team.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”