Improvement suggestions

ArnaudK
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Improvement suggestions

Post by ArnaudK »

Hi !

On my corporate computer I use extensively MS Office 365 and I noticed some features I cannot find especially on Textmaker :
  • When I copy from an external source, I can in MS Office use the destination format, source format or copy as text when I right-click on the target page. I don't find this in Textmaker
  • When there are images embed, I can in MS Office right-click on the image and save it as a file. In Textmaker, I have to go to the property of the image and click on the button export. This is one step more than in MS Office. Possible to improve this ?
  • The spell checker / grammar check is way better in MS Office and I can understand it due to the dominance of the productivity suite on the market. However, it would be nice to see in Textmaker a "blue underline like in MS Word" when there is too much space between words, or something that does not match the language policy (for instance in French, the word "Exmple:" would have been underlined in blue as the correct writing would be "Exemple :"
Thanks
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Improvement suggestions

Post by SuperTech »

ArnaudK wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:54 pm
  • When I copy from an external source, I can in MS Office use the destination format, source format or copy as text when I right-click on the target page. I don't find this in Textmaker
Please click on ribbon command Home | Paste dropdown | Paste Unformatted text.
ArnaudK wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:54 pm
  • When there are images embed, I can in MS Office right-click on the image and save it as a file. In Textmaker, I have to go to the property of the image and click on the button export. This is one step more than in MS Office. Possible to improve this ?
  • The spell checker / grammar check is way better in MS Office and I can understand it due to the dominance of the productivity suite on the market. However, it would be nice to see in Textmaker a "blue underline like in MS Word" when there is too much space between words, or something that does not match the language policy (for instance in French, the word "Exmple:" would have been underlined in blue as the correct writing would be "Exemple :"
Thanks for your suggestions. I have forwarded these suggestions to our product management...

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”