Look up the translation of the current word is not working

lgsl

Look up the translation of the current word is not working

Post by lgsl »

Look up the translation of the current word not is not working.

The option is no longer present in the ribbon interface where it used to be.

If the button is added from the customize the button is greyed out. If the keyboard shortcut is used (Ctrl-F7) nothing happens. Same happens if I switch to the classic interface.

I moved the Softmaker folder so TM would regenerate the config files and templated, but this did nothing. The dictionaries to look up translations are still not working.

I own the Pro version, and the other features like Duden Dictionaries, research, and Zotero support are present and working as expected.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Look up the translation of the current word is not working

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please share some screenshots of the problem for better understanding.
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

I was able to fix this problem by -once again- removing the Softmaker folder from my home directory. Then installing SMO 2018, and starting it first.

Comparing both directories (the one created by 2018 vs the one by 2021) I found that the subfolder spell with the langenscheidt.thn file that it contains is never generated in SMO 2021, hence why the "Look up" function does not work.

This issue was also noticed in SMO 2021 for MacOS.

Here are the requested screenshots:
Translate (Look up) option not available. SoftMaker folder was generated by SMO 2021.
Translate (Look up) option not available. SoftMaker folder was generated by SMO 2021.
Screenshot_20210219_104422.png (11.74 KiB) Viewed 1758 times
Translate (Look up) option available. SoftMaker folder was generated by SMO 2018, as explained initially.
Translate (Look up) option available. SoftMaker folder was generated by SMO 2018, as explained initially.
Screenshot_20210219_104302.png (12.49 KiB) Viewed 1758 times
Both screenshots where taken from SMO 2021
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

We no longer include the Langenscheidt/Berlitz dictionaries in SoftMaker Office 2021 because we have the new Research button.

We just let you add this optional button if you still have the old langenscheidt.thn. It seems you found this solution :-)
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

All right. Thanks. I'll then keep a copy of the spell folder, since I find this tool useful when I don't have internet around.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”