Saved corrections are not saved

Autumn

Saved corrections are not saved

Post by Autumn »

Greetings.

While using Textmaker on Linux, the most recent update: TextMaker 2021 (rev S1030.0202) 64bit, I was editing some *.docx files. I made the changes and tried to overwrite them. When I opened them after saving it appeared as if the changes took. When I opened them within the same window, different tab they seemed to take.

Unfortunately, when I opened the files within a fresh window by manually clicking on the actual files none of the changes were saved.

In order to save whatever changes I made I needed to save the files within another place on my computer. Then drag/drop the files manually over the old ones within the desired location. This is the first time the issue appeared.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Textmaker doesn't keep hold saved corrections

Post by martin-k »

Are these files on your hard disk, a network share or a "special" location (like cloud storage)?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Autumn

Re: Saved corrections are not saved

Post by Autumn »

Hard disk.

I was saving them to a folder in Documents within my home directory. (Where the files were that were being edited.) When I noticed the issue they were able to be saved within another folder, on the Desktop.

Also, almost forgot to mention the recent service pack that was used was the .deb package file. (Debian/Mint/Ubuntu, etc.) should that be of help.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please check if you have saved the file with all new changes in the different location. In that case Software will not overwrite the old files, which makes 2 copies of it, one old without new changes and another new file with all the changes incorporated. Please confirm.
Autumn

Post by Autumn »

Yes.

As stated in the opening, when the problem was discovered I saved the files on the desktop, not within the folder containing the originals.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

I was unable to reproduce this problem. Please share the associated file of TextMaker 2021 in which you are getting this problem so that we can do further investigation for resolution. Also, share your sminfo file which you can generate by clicking on '?' > About > Write system information.

Please let us know if this problem is happening with this specific file or with all files?

If you want to send it to us privately, please e-mail us at the forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
viewtopic.php?f=389&t=20935

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”