Cross references: Ignored Headings

Tom123

Cross references: Ignored Headings

Post by Tom123 »

TextMaker Professional 2021 (rev S1030.0202) 64bit

Dear All,

I just noticed that TM 2021 does not seem to recognize custom headings as valid cross references. In the attached example "CrossReferences.docx" I have created 3x3 hierarchical headings. While the first 2x3 headings refer to the default "Heading 1", "Heading 2" and "Heading 3" paragraph styles, the last 1x3 headings refer to custom "myHeading 1", "myHeading 2" and "myHeading 3" paragraph styles. I have created those custom paragraph styles by selecting a default heading style, opening the context menu and clicking on "New ...". Then I assigned a new name and just clicked "OK" in the paragraph dialog that opened up afterwards. Finally, I have assigned the custom heading styles to the last 3 headings.

When I open the menu "Insert" > "Cross reference ..." and set the "Type" to "Heading" only the first 2x3 default headings are displayed, whereas my custom headings are ignored. Please find a corresponding screenshot attached.

Could you please help me to understand, why my custom headings are not recognized as cross-referencable headings?
Is this an intended behavior, a missing feature or a bug?

Regards
Tom
Attachments
Screenshot of References dialog
Screenshot of References dialog
CrossReferences.docx
Example file
(12.54 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Cross references: Ignored Headings

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I was able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our development team for further investigation on this problem.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Our development team have checked this issue and found that this behaves like in Word and LibreOffice.

If you want to add cross-references of custom headings, please check the below solution:

1. Select the destination heading
2. Insert a bookmark there.
3. At the calling position, insert a cross-reference to the bookmark.
glennmsmith58

Post by glennmsmith58 »

Hi Supertech,

I am trying to use the method you describe here. I'm using the 2019 version of TextMaker, rev 967.0716 on a Mac, and I am unable to find Insert> Cross reference.

I see there is a 2021 version out and I am downloading it (taking 3 hours). Is it available on my current version? If not, it is available on the 2021 version for Mac?

Thanks,

Glenn
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Yes, this discussion is all about TextMaker 2021 and the improved cross references are a new feature in TextMaker 2021.

You can purchase SoftMaker Office 2021 in our online shop.
glennmsmith58

Post by glennmsmith58 »

Hi again, SuperTech,

I finally got the 2021 version downloaded. It does indeed have cross reference right where it should be. Unfortunately, I have a 30 day trial. It is not free like the 2019 version. Any help on getting the 2019 version to work would be appreciated.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Cross-reference is a commercial feature and not available in any free version so, if you want to use this feature, you will have to purchase a license from the given link.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”