ODT style issues

lgsl

ODT style issues

Post by lgsl »

I started a new text document and saved it as ODT.

After I opened it again and tried to edit text styles, even after re-applying the styles to the text the changes are ignored.

If I open that document in LibreOffice the problem persists. I can override the original styling partially. That makes me think the problem is related to the way TextMaker sets the style tags in paragraphs.

If this document is saved as docx or tdmx, the problem persists. Same as opening the ODT with LibreOffice.

I copied all text and pasted it (unformatead) in a new document and styled it all again. I saved it as docx and tdmx. I was able to edit my styles with any problem.

After saving once more as ODT and trying this again to restyle I ended up with the same result.

Opening the DOCX file with LibreOffice and saving it as ODT, and then editing the styles works well. However, once you save the file again with TM the problem comes back.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: ODT style issues

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please share the associated file of TextMaker 2021 in which you are getting this problem with the screenshot of the issue and steps to reproduce so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

If you want to send it to us privately, please e-mail us at the forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
viewtopic.php?f=389&t=20664&p=68423#p68423
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

All right. I have email you as requested.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the files and details. I was able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our development team for further investigation on this problem.
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

Any progress?
This issue is also affecting TM beta for Android (already reported)
I'm interested in working exclusively with odt since odt files tend to be smaller thabdocx and tdmx.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Currently, we don't have any update on this problem. Please stay connected. Whenever we will get any information, we will update here.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Our development team has fixed this problem and the solution will be included in the next service pack of SoftMaker Office.
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

I can confirm now that it has been fixed with the 1032 build.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for confirmation of resolution of this problem.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”