Editing comments

kon2c4u

Editing comments

Post by kon2c4u »

How can I edit the comment of another reader so that my edit is distinguishable from her/his comment? If I right-click on another person's comment, the "edit comment" field is grayed-out, leaving only the "delete comment" as a possibility.
kon2c4u

Re: Editing comments

Post by kon2c4u »

I'm afraid that my question was not clearly expressed. I can edit comments with no problem, but what I am looking for is an equivalent to LibreOffice's "Reply to Comment" and I don't find it. I frequently review/edit papers that others have edited/reviewed before me and left comments. I find no way to reply to an existing comment that makes it clear that my reply applies to an existing comment and that my identity is different from the author of the original.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded this feature request to our development team.
kon2c4u

Post by kon2c4u »

That's what I feared: the feature doesn't exist - at least, not yet. As I need this feature for much of the work that I do (both in Linux and Windoze), it appears that I am limited to LibreOffice until the feature is added to TextMaker2021. Thanks for your response.
dithomasso

Post by dithomasso »

Has this already been implemented? I think it is quite a crucial feature when you promote microsoft office docx compatibility. Thanks!
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post. Yes, our product management is aware about its importance and will implement accordingly.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”