Textmaker typing lag on Ubuntu

amergin

Textmaker typing lag on Ubuntu

Post by amergin » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:03 pm

Hey all,

I have Textmaker 2021 (amd64) installed on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS. I notice that once I write more than 10 pages, delays begin to occur from typing input to its display on the page. For instance, on a 20 page document, there is hardly any delay when I am typing on page 19, or 20 (the end of the .docx), but extreme delay, up to a few seconds, when I type on pp. 4, 5, 6, etc.

I have reinstalled Textmaker (64 bit) following the website's instructions. I have also already disabled (1) Use OpenGL engine (2) SHM extensions (3) Use XIM and the other options on Options-> System. Doing this has helped a bit, but the delay is still present.

I have enabled support for Arabic font (since the .docx I am using has quite a bit of it, roughly 1/3-1/2 of the .docx).

What could be causing the delays? I am particularly puzzled why there would be delays at the beginning of the .docx, but hardly any at the end. Anyone know what could be the root of this issue?

Let me know what other info I can provide! Thanks in advance!

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Textmaker typing lag on Ubuntu

Post by SuperTech » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:53 pm

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please share the associated file of TextMaker 2021 in which you are getting this problem so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

If you want to send it to us privately, please send us an e-mail to forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
viewtopic.php?f=389&t=20397&p=67584#p67584

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”