Endnotes -- inserting text after them.

jtreagan

Endnotes -- inserting text after them.

Post by jtreagan »

When formatting my book for the Epub version, I converted my footnotes to endnotes. Worked well! However, I do have end matter that really should follow the endnote section and TextMaker has repeatedly defied me when I try to do that. Whenever I click on the space following the endnote section it automatically bumps my cursor up to the top of the section. I tried inserting a chapter break at the end of the last note, but all that accomplished was to add blank lines to the end of that note. Is there any way around this?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Endnotes -- inserting text after them.

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please share screenshots, associated file and steps to reproduce the problem you are getting in TextMaker 2021 so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

You can send the file on forum[at]softmaker.de
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the file. I was able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our development team for further investigation.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Endnotes are either at the end of the chapter or the end of the document. If they are set to be the end of the document(Which is in your document), you cannot put anything after them, because then they wouldn't be at the end of the document.

From ribbon command Insert | Endnote | Endnote options | Endnotes | Position | You can select "End of chapter" (As default it's the end of the document) if you want to make it the end of every chapter instead of the end of the document which you currently have. If you will update these settings you will see your endnotes will be moved to the end of their relative chapters and then you will be able to add chapter break after the document.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”