Ctrl+F does not place text cursor in search field

Tom123

Ctrl+F does not place text cursor in search field

Post by Tom123 »

In addition to the previous post https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=389&t=20105, here is another issue related to the search function in TextMaker21 (softmaker-office-2021_1016-01_amd64.deb) configured to use the classic user interface.

When I open a Word docx document, TM21 displays the document map in the left side panel. Afterwards, when I press Ctrl+F, the contents of that side panel switches as expected to the "search ..." tab. However, the text cursor is still located in the main body of the text, i.e. the focus has not been switched to the search field, yet. It requires an additional mouse click into the search field to switch the focus and enter some text into the search field. Without this mouse click any text entered is entered into the main body of the text document which a very unfortunate because is facilitates undesired changes of the document.

I would appreciate, if this issue would be fixed in the next update.

Thanks & Regards
Tom
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Ctrl+F does not place text cursor in search field

Post by SuperTech »

I tried to reproduce both these issues in rev S1016.0624 and found that:

The problem you reported in https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=389&t=20105 is no more there. If your click in the text box and press Ctrl+V, clipboard content will be pasted in the search box without any problem.

The problem which you mentioned now is happening if previously Search was not selected in the left sidebar and if the search was opened there last time Ctrl+V pasting without any problem. This problem was already reported by Miguel so please wait for an update.

Please refer to the attached video for a better understanding.
Search Test.gif
Tom123

Post by Tom123 »

Sorry for the confusion. I did not report https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=389&t=20105, I was just referring to it because of the similarity to the Ctrl+F behavior I observed. Here are the steps to reproduce the Ctrl+F issue:
  1. Open TextMaker 2021 - A blank document is shown, the document map is shown in the left side panel and paragraph styles are shown in the right side panel.
  2. Enter "This is just a test" and position the text cursor at the beginning of this sentence afterwards - The result is shown in screenshot 1.
  3. Press Ctrl+F once - The contents in the left side panel switches to the "Search ..." form, but the text cursor is still active at the beginning of the test sentence (see screenshot 2)
  4. Enter "test" - The word "test" is written in front of the test sentence rather than into the search field on the left side panel (see screenshot 3)
This is not the behavior, I expect. In fact, I expect the focus of the text pointer to be transferred from the beginning of the test sentence to the search field, when I press Ctrl+F the very first time. To me, it is natural to expect that TextMakre21 is ready to enter the search pattern right after pressing Ctrl+F. Unfortunately, it is not ready at that time. It still requires a manual switch of the text pointer by clicking into the search field.

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 1.png
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 2.png
Screenshot 3
Screenshot 3.png
Regards
Tom
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Yes, as I mentioned, this problem we already reported to our development team. I forwarded it again.

Thanks
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

This issue has been fixed and the fix will be included in the next service pack :)

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”