No Workable Citations in Zotero Transferred Documents

Goghard

No Workable Citations in Zotero Transferred Documents

Post by Goghard »

I wrote a paper using LibreOffice and Zotero in Linux. Then, I followed these instructions to convert it to MS Word: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/movin ... processors.
This process creates a .docx document with all the citations converted into code. Also, it appends a message at the beginning of the document saying:
ZOTERO_TRANSFER_DOCUMENT

The Zotero citations in this document have been converted to a format that can be safely transferred between word processors. Open this document in a supported word processor and press Refresh in the Zotero plugin to continue working with the citations.
As it is stated in the message, upon opening the document, Zotero should offer to transform this .docx document into a standard MS Word document with workable citations. However, this does not happen in TextMaker. The option for refreshing Zotero is disabled:
ZoteroForTextMakerNotRespondingToTransferredDocuments.png
Attempts to open the .odt file directly in TextMaker or to save the file in LibreOffice as .docx using bookmarks also result in documents without workable Zotero citations in TextMaker.

How do I can transfer a .odt file with Zotero citations into a TextMaker document with workable citations?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: No Workable Citations in Zotero Transferred Documents

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please share the associated files(Zotero and TextMaker File) in which you are getting this problem so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

If you want to send it to us privately, please send us an e-mail to forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.p ... 853#p66853
Goghard

Post by Goghard »

I just sent you the file. Hope that it helps.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sending the files. I have forwarded the files with complete details to our development team for further investigation of this issue.

Please share what problem/error, you have when you are opening the original odt file in TextMaker?

Please note you have to import the Zotero file also into destination machine Zotero to make original ODT file work.
Goghard

Post by Goghard »

Thank you for your reply.
The problem I have when I open the .odt file in TextMaker is that there are no workable citations in it, that is, the Zotero plugin in TextMaker does not recognize the citations I added in LibreOffice.
Perhaps I am missing a step?
Regarding the Zotero file you are requesting, could you please be more specific? As far as I know, Zotero does not require exporting or importing files to work. At least, it was not necessary when I finally was able to convert the transferred document using MS Word for Mac. I used a borrowed computer that does not have the specific Zotero references I added into the document in its Zotero database, and it worked.
However, I recognize that I am not an expert. Probably I am not aware of another method for having workable references in TextMaker that involves a Zotero file. I would appreciate your guidance in this case.
Thanks again
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing, I am able to reproduce the problem with the ODT file. I have reported this issue also to our development team.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Our development team has fixed this problem and the solution will be included in the next service pack of SoftMaker Office.

Thank you

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”