[IGNORE Solved in 2021] TextMaker still misinterprets white-space between tags.

Michael Uplawski
Location: Canton Magny (previously Canton Carrouges), Orne, Normandy (previously Lower Normandy)

[IGNORE Solved in 2021] TextMaker still misinterprets white-space between tags.

Post by Michael Uplawski »

I like the 2021 version of SoftMaker Office. This is the test-version S1014.0529.

Of course, I am looking into the bugs which I had reported for Office 2018. In the attachments, you find two ODT files, one of which differs in the formatting of content.xml. The result is a false alignment in TextMaker.

LibreOffice still ignores the extra white-space between XML-tags, as it should be, and both documents look identical. TextMaker does it wrong. I have not tested extra white-space inside text-nodes, as it must be ignored as well (and was not in 2018).

PSE correct this bug as it complicates the work with the xml-code of future ODT documents.

TIA.
Attachments
TEST.odt
(4.36 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
test2.odt
(4.84 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Last edited by Michael Uplawski on Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hindsight is in the eye of the beholder.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: [odt] TextMaker still misinterprets white-space between tags.

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I have forwarded the details to our development team.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: [odt] TextMaker still misinterprets white-space between tags.

Post by SuperTech »

Please check the screenshots of the file in TextMaker and LO. Please share details of the problem which "false alignment in TextMaker" and " extra white-space" you mentioned.

Thanks
white_spaces_TM.png
white_spaces_LO.png
Michael Uplawski
Location: Canton Magny (previously Canton Carrouges), Orne, Normandy (previously Lower Normandy)

Re: [IGNORE Solved in 2021] TextMaker still misinterprets white-space between tags.

Post by Michael Uplawski »

@SuperTech and all.

I have tried for half an hour, to reproduce the behavior which I had originally described in the German speaking forum AND CAN NO MORE. Ergo. It looks like
  1. The original bug is either corrected or cannot be reproduced - which may be the same thing.
  2. My example-files in the OP are corrupt and non-representative. Although they document how I used to produce beautified XML, then where unable to make them appear correctly in TextMaker, the differences from the original 1-liner XML file are quite obviously not responsible for any false alignment or lateral margins.
To my shame, I admit that I might have confused the two versions of TextMaker, i.e. 2018 ad 2020, and have no other explanation for the observations made in the first article in this thread. Let me fall back to the conclusion in the German thread that I will not make any more comments about the ODF support in SoftMaker Office.

Ω
Hindsight is in the eye of the beholder.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: [IGNORE Solved in 2021] TextMaker still misinterprets white-space between tags.

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your time and for the confirmation that the problem is resolved. Please don't feel shame or anything about it and please share if you find any problem or bug in SoftMaker Office so that we can investigate and resolve it. We again thank you for that. :)

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”