Undo going too far back with single Ctrl+ Z

swarfendor437

Undo going too far back with single Ctrl+ Z

Post by swarfendor437 »

Today I was converting a PowerPoint into a TextMaker document. I was copying some elements from a pdf that were text based/tables and not images. I had to use LIOS (Linux Intelligent OCR Software) to extract some text that was not from the text book pdf. When I edited earlier elements in the main text document and I pressed Control and Z after some entries had not changed how I wanted them in a table, the copied text from a separate text maker document disappeared altogether - this happened at least twice and when in 2018 I had copied a table from a pdf in Okular and used Control and Space I would get the default size but it sticks as basic roman (even though I have recently removed basic roman font from the installation it has come back - a very trying day to day as I have to make several large print copies for students with low vision. And redo or Ctrl+ Y did not bring back the work I had copied from other Text Document leading me to start all over again - It doesn't seem as stable as 2018! :(
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Undo going too far back with single Ctrl+ Z

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please share details, associated file and steps to reproduce the problem you are getting in TextMaker 2021 so that we can do further investigation for resolution.
JohnWasilewski

Post by JohnWasilewski »

Please see also https://bit.ly/2ZP0tKq, which seems to be another report about the same fault.
---
Jw
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

The same problem has also been reported in the German forum.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the references of other posts of the same problem. I was unable to reproduce it but I have forwarded the details to our development team for further investigation of the problem.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Our development team has changed the Undo mechanism and improved on related processes which should solve this problem as it was not reproducible at our end. These changes will be incorporated in the next Service Pack of SoftMaker Office 2021.

Thank you

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”