Cell format: time

Jeeveli

Cell format: time

Post by Jeeveli »

Hi,

I was previously using PlanMaker 2018 and had no issues with using a custom format of [h].mm.ss for durations of certain events in my tables. However, after installing PlanMaker 2021 the problems started. Any new data I try to insert with the same format gets interpreted wrongly (probably as dates or something) and the tables have stopped working. For example, if I set a certain cell to be the custom format [h].mm.ss and then insert the value 0.15.30 (0 hours 15 minutes 30 seconds), the preview box in the number format window says the value of the cell is 1074572.39.54. Previously I was able to do calculations with the data (summing up durations etc.) but that does not work anymore.

I have found no way to change this behavior. I cannot enter the real values of my data and hence the whole table has become useless. Is there any way to get PlanMaker 2021 to accept the values I'm inputting simply as such and not converting them to anything else or trying to interpret them as dates?
romad

Re: Cell format: time

Post by romad »

Have you tried using 00 in the hours position? Being a European product, it may be expecting two digit hours from 00 to 24 (or maybe just to 23).
Dennis Swaney
Prescott, Arizona USA

"Cogito Ergo Mac"
Jeeveli

Post by Jeeveli »

I have and the result is the same - does not work with 00 hours either.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for posting the confusions here.

When you use [h] format for hours, PlanMaker calculates all the hours of the date also in the preview windows because [h] is not limited to 24 hours, h is limited to 24 hours only.

Time always follow the ":" as separator, so it will do calculations when you will use ":" separator. Please try that.

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Mac”