Change default font

stefanmaine

Change default font

Post by stefanmaine »

TextMaker Professional 2021 (rev S1062.0225) 64bit on iMac Ventura 13

How/where can I change the default font and size from "Basic Roman" and "10" to, say, Georgia and 12?

Thank you.
romad

Re: Change default font

Post by romad »

From "TextMaker 2021 Manual.pdf", page 82/83:

Changing the default character formatting
The default character formatting settings can be changed at any time. This allows you, for example, to specify a font other than the default font.
To do so, proceed as follows:
1. Click on the group arrow in the bottom right corner of the ribbon tab Home | group Character.
Note: This process also removes the character formatting Hidden and Protected. Thus hidden text becomes visible again, and protected text can be edited again.
2. In the dialog box, set the character format (font, fontsize, etc.) that you want to save as the new default setting.
3. Important: Do not click on OK, but click on the Set as default button.
4. TextMaker asks you if you want to change the default settings only for the current document or for all new documents:
Change in this document only: If you select this option, the new default settings will affect only the current document.
Change for all new documents: If you select this option, the change is made not only in the current document, but also in the standard document template (Normal.tmvx). This means that all documents that you create will use these settings in future.
5. Make a choice and confirm with OK.
6. Confirm again with OK toexit the dialog box completely.
The default character formatting settings have now been changed accordingly.
Note for advanced users: From a technical point of view, nothing else happens here other than that TextMaker applies this setting to the "Normal" character style. For more information, see also Normal character style.

Hmmm, copy/paste seems to have eliminated the word spacing; I'll manually retype off line and see if it works.

Edit: OK I retyped it.

Edit 2: Here are a couple of screenshots:
Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 8.14.48 .JPEG
Click on the small triangle where my arrow is pointing.

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 8.14.14 .JPEG
This is the dialog box mentioned in step 2 above
Dennis Swaney
Prescott, Arizona USA

"Cogito Ergo Mac"
stefanmaine

Re: Change default font

Post by stefanmaine »

Perfect instructions!
Thank you for being here.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Mac”