Terribly slow zoom

Perobal

Terribly slow zoom

Post by Perobal »

I have used a licensed copy of SoftMaker Office for some years and it has never let me down. But over recent months I have been writing a book and the file has become quite large. As a result the zoom function in Textmaker has become so slow that it is effectively unusable. I have experimented with file size and found that anything over about 2,500 words the problem starts to show, and my book is just under 160,000 words. If I try to zoom I have to typically wait up to a minute for a response. I save in docx format, but saving in Textmaker format makes no difference. There are only three basic styles used throughout the document and no images, so it's not like the document is a complicated one. I even tried removing all print drivers as a last resort, but that made no difference either.

The machine is a MacBook Pro running Big Sur with 16GB of RAM and an Intel quad core 2.6 GHz i7 CPU, so hardware resources are more than adequate. The same file zooms immediately in Microsoft Word, LibreOffice, WPS Office, and even Apple Pages, so I can only conclude this is a Textmaker specific issue. The same problem also occurs on my MacBook Air with 8GB of RAM and the Apple M1 chip.

I would certainly appreciate any thoughts anyone could toss at this, as it makes Textmaker unusable for all but the shortest files, and that is a real pity.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Terribly slow zoom

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please let us know if you are facing this problem with this document only or with other large files also?

Please send your document to forum[at]softmaker.com with link of this post so that we can check it at our end.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Terribly slow zoom

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the sample file. I have forwarded the details to our developer team for further investigation.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Mac”