"Next Record" in mail merge?

garv

"Next Record" in mail merge?

Post by garv »

I searched the forum for "next record" and got no hits, so I am starting a new topic.

I have a template for membership cards which I have successfully used in MS Word and LibreOffice. It is essentially a labels format, except it contains an image and specific formatting. With a bit of tweaking I was able to use it in TextMaker, and the fields populated. But what is missing is a "Next Record" field. As it is, when I attempt to print the cards all cards are of the same record.

Is there an equivalent of the "Next Record" field in TextMaker? If not, how can I get this document to merge correctly?

Thanks for your help.

Jim
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: "Next Record" in mail merge?

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please share the associated file of TextMaker 2021 in which you are getting this problem, sample database and steps so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

If you want to send it to us privately, please e-mail us at the forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=386&t=21211
garv

Re: "Next Record" in mail merge?

Post by garv »

Thanks very much for the reply, but I have given up. I really wanted to like Softmaker Pro, and it works well for almost everything else I've tried, but there are just too many problems with mail merge. I have reluctantly purchased and installed MS Office 2019, and it works perfectly, just as it always has.

Jim

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Mac”