How to force TextMaker to retain PDF Export Preferences?

solo

How to force TextMaker to retain PDF Export Preferences?

Post by solo »

Hello Experts,

I have stumbled upon another instance of TextMaker 2021 for the Mac (rev S1030.0201 64bit) not retaining configuration preferences between sessions.

TextMaker does a great job of exporting to a PDF. I like PDFs to have certain View preferences, specifically setting the Zoom to "Full page" and Page Layout to "Single pages". By default both Zoom and Page Layout are set to "Default". In a TexMaker session I can set the PDF Export View preferences by going to File Tab -> PDF Export - > View and making the selections noted in the image below and the resulting PDF is rendered as expected (and nicely too, I might add).

pdf export.jpg

However, the PDF Export preferences are only kept during the current session are NOT retained between TextMaker sessions. The next time TextMaker starts the PDF Export preferences return to the defaults and have to be set again.

I have noticed that this behaviour is the same on a 2011 27" iMac running High Sierra (10.13.6) as well as on a 2015 13" MacBook Pro running Big Sur 11.2.1 (i.e. the behaviour is unrelated to the OS version).

In a post on this forum entitled "How to force TextMaker to use U.S. (Imperial) measurements" I noted setting the Measurements Preference to "U.S." WILL NOT be retained between TexMaker sessions. SoftMaker confirmed it can reproduce the problem and has sent this to the development team (Feb 18, 2021).

TextMaker should retain configuration preferences between sessions regardless of the operating system. Users should not be forced to reset configuration preferences each session as this reduces the utility of the application.

I look forward to a response from SoftMaker tech staff.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: How to force TextMaker to retain PDF Export Preferences?

Post by SuperTech »

This is actually document specific setting and not software specific. So, one you will do this setting it will be the same for the same document. If you want to do this for all your new documents, you can change it in your default template file.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Mac”