Search/Replace Issues

captainping

Search/Replace Issues

Post by captainping »

I would consider these to be bugs:

1) In the Search Dialog (invoked by the Advanced button in the Search panel), the title bar is "Search and Replace" even though there is no Replace UI in it.

2) In the Search or Replace Dialog, if the current selection contains the only instance of the search string, the dialog says "Not Found". It should instead narrow the selection to the search string and indicate success, and allow Replace if replacing.

3) In the Search or Replace Dialog, if the current selection is past the last instance of the search string, the dialog says “Not Found”. The dialog should provide the option to search from top if selection was not at the top. This could be in the form of an alert asking if the user would like to start searching from the top (as Word does). Or it could be in the form of a "wrap around" checkbox in the dialog whose state is remembered. Simply saying "Not Found" is the worst possible option.

Thanks!
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Search/Replace Issues

Post by miguel-c »

1. The title of the dialog is correct, as the dialog has 2 tabs where you can search and replace
search replace.png
2. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. All works fine on my end. You're probably placing the cursor at the end (see 3)

3. This behavior is not a bug, but will forward your idea to the develoepers.
captainping

Post by captainping »

2. Please see the attached screen shot. The current selection contains the search string, yet the Search Dialog says the latter can't be found.

Thanks!
Attachments
Not finding text in selection.png
Hedgy

Post by Hedgy »

captainping wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:47 pm 3) In the Search or Replace Dialog, if the current selection is past the last instance of the search string, the dialog says “Not Found”. The dialog should provide the option to search from top if selection was not at the top. This could be in the form of an alert asking if the user would like to start searching from the top (as Word does). Or it could be in the form of a "wrap around" checkbox in the dialog whose state is remembered. Simply saying "Not Found" is the worst possible option.
I absolutely agree! This looks like a bag for me too. Very irritating!

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Mac”