Selection Issues

captainping

Selection Issues

Post by captainping »

I'm finding some odd behaviors in how TextMaker handles selection with the mouse. They are so odd that I would consider them to be bugs:

1) Double click in word to select it. Shift-Double click in next word. Selection is set to the double click point to the end of the next word. Selection should have been set to the beginning of the first word through the end of the next word. Double click dragging to select multiple words DOES work correctly.

2) Double clicking in whitespace should select all adjacent tabs and spaces. Right now, it functions as if it were a single click. Every other text editor I've ever used, including THIS FORUM WEBPAGE, treats whitespace blocks as words.

3) Clicking near the right side of a tab should select the boundary between the tab and the next character. Right now, it always selects the boundary before the tab. Clicking within spaces does this correctly.

Thanks.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Selection Issues

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting these problems. For better understanding of these issues, can you please create a screen recording ? You can use any free tool for this purpose.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Mac”