Outline View Mode dragging

captainping

Outline View Mode dragging

Post by captainping »

I'm migrating from Microsoft Word. In Outline View Mode, Word allows you to drag a outline section up and down simply by dragging the icon to its left. This doesn't seem to work on SoftMaker Office. Is there an option to turn this on?

Thanks,
Christopher
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Outline View Mode dragging

Post by SuperTech »

Currently, we don't have this feature in TextMaker, but I have forwarded this feature request to our developers team.
captainping

Post by captainping »

Hi. I'm dealing with the lack of this feature today. It would be SO nice when re-organizing an outline for a presentation to just be able to grab a section and drag it. :-) This is not a minor feature for an "Outline" mode. Please tell me you can consider adding it.

Thanks,
Christopher
JohnWasilewski

Post by JohnWasilewski »

Christopher, when you say 'Outline Mode' do you in fact mean 'the Document Map'? That is to say, did you mean you would like to be able to drag sections of a document to new positions higher up or lower down the document in the Document Map pane? If that was what you meant then I agree wholeheartedly. I used to do that all the time in M$Word and I do miss it in TM. It is a huge help with document organising and cleanup and I wish very much that we could do it in TM.
---
John
captainping

Post by captainping »

No, I mean the Outline View., which you can select near the top of the View Menu.

I am really struggling with the lack of these Outline View features. I'm trying to get used to them not being there but it's surprisingly frustrating. One thing I ran into today is that when in Outline Mode there is no way to easily select a heading line but NOT all its sub-headings. In Word, you can simply click to the left of the heading's icon. In TextMaker, you have to click in the heading text and drag to its end. Insane!

I'm also really frustrated with the inability of TextMaker to select a number of lines by vertically dragging. If you select a line by clicking to its left and then drag vertically, NOTHING HAPPENS! Why NOT extend selection? This is true in Outline View or Standard View. It seems that whoever wrote TextMaker modeled its behavior on some old DOS text editor he was used to and never used a Mac, or Windows much, and didn't think that mimicking standard text editing behaviors was important.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Mac”