TextMark does not find a document path

tgicam

TextMark does not find a document path

Post by tgicam »

Hello
I am a MAC user and I have 2 computers, in one of them the OS is High Sierra and in the other one the OS has been updated to Catalina, so the license of use of the Office has expired, forcing me to buy (or subscribe) the current MS Office, whose design I don't like; so I am trying alternatives, choosing between SOFTMAKER Software (I am trying the free and the paid version during 30 days) and WPS OFFICE, two good Apps.
Within the SOFTMAKER App, and about the use of TextMaker, in principle, I prefer it to the WPS Writer, as it is less intrusive on text files because when I edit them with TextMaker and then I edit it using MS Word on the MAC with High Sierra, the text format is better maintained.
However, I observe a problem in the use of TextMaker that is not given in Writer and consists in that there are occasions in which when trying to edit a document from the application, to modify it or use it as a template, many times the path where it has been saved is not found, the problem that is not given in WPS Writer.
What is the reason for this?
Thank you
Sincerely,

Teodoro Garcia
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: TextMark does not find a document path

Post by SuperTech »

Please share some more details of the problem. File path is always the same where you save the file first time which is by default the SoftMaker Folder under Documents.
tgicam

Post by tgicam »

Hello
Sorry, I've been away and finished the free trial subscription and I haven't been able to answer. I have purchased a monthly subscription.
From your answer, I gather that the problem is that I cannot edit documents (text and spreadsheets) that were not first created and saved by SoftMaker in the folder I chose. If this is the case, it is a problem, because in the office I work with Microsoft programs (Word and Excel) and they are saved in the clients' folders and when I am out of the office I work via Dropbox with those folders and that is when I need to use the different SoftMaker programs (TextMaker and Plan Maker). Is there any solution?
Thank you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

You can create and edit MS-Office documents/Spreadsheets/Presentations also without any problem. As you said you save the document in Dropbox which you can browse from SoftMaker Office open dialog box without any problem as Dropbox (Installed) stores local copy on the local storage and sync it with the cloud storage.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Mac”