Gestures on Mac

pikador

Gestures on Mac

Post by pikador »

Hi everyone!
I frequently use the 3-finger tap on a (selected) word to look it up in the dictionary. That does not work with Textmaker. Nor does the CTRL+click -> drop-down menu - check word.
Am I doing something wrong or is it a permanent defect? What is your experience?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Gestures on Mac

Post by SuperTech »

Please share complete steps to reproduce the problems so that we can check these issues for you.
pikador

Post by pikador »

Well, not much to describe.
On Mac you can use a "three finger gesture" to look up a word in a dictionary. Simply mark the word and then tap the touchpad with three fingers. A dictionary window pops-up and there you go. This feature works fine with web browsers (Safari, Opera), MS Word, all Mac native apps (obviously), but not on the Texmaker :(
BTW: the three fingers gesture may be altered in Mac preferences, but I believe this is the default function.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I have forwarded the details to our development team.
pikador

Post by pikador »

Thanks for the involvement. Hope it's going to be successful.
BTW: I use SMO 2018 so it's a wrong forum, though I believe it's the same with 2021.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

You posted this request in wrong forum as we have different forum for TextMaker 2018 for Mac but there will be no new updates or enhancements in SoftMaker Office 2018 as we already released many updates. For SoftMaker Office 2018, there will be future security patches only if required.

I recommend to you, for new features and updates please upgrade your SoftMaker Office to 2021.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Mac”