Crossref bug report

JohnWasilewski

Crossref bug report

Post by JohnWasilewski »

TM2021 Mac has this same bug:
https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=389&t=20432

As I assume that the TM source code is the same for Mc and Linux, this is to be expected.
Therefore, for any more problems I might encounter in TM Mac thatturn out to be things I have reported already for TM Liinux, would you still like me to report them again in the TM Mac forum, or should I just ignore them and wait quietly for the next Linux and Mac Service Release?
---
John
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Crossref bug report

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem for MAC but it was not required as when you report any bug we check it on all platforms if it's not OS specific. So, bug reporting on one forum is sufficient. :thumbsup:
JohnWasilewski

Post by JohnWasilewski »

Noted, thanks.

Further information:
I have also just found that a cross-reference to a relative position, when given inside a footnote, is also returning the full text of the target instead of just its direction (as expected), but seems not to be self-correcting. I say, "seems not to be," because I waited a long time, and pressed F9 and waited another long time, and it did not change. Maybe if I had waited 5 minutes instead of 1 minute, it might have done so.

About how many days would you expect it to be before the next maintenance update?
---
John
Last edited by JohnWasilewski on Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

I tried to reproduce this problem but everytime it returned the relative position only. Please share a screen recording and the document in which you are facing this problem.
JohnWasilewski

Post by JohnWasilewski »

I'll try to find it but it is somewhere in a 100+ page report and I am extremely busy just now. I expect I'll find it during final editing during the next few days, so I'll send it to you then if I do.
---
J.
JohnWasilewski

Post by JohnWasilewski »

I have just now sent you an private and confidential email with a copy of a document exhibiting this incorrect behaviour.

Email sent to Forum@SoftMaker.de
Date sent: 24 Sep 2020,
Time sent: 13:43 UK time

Please look at paragraph 26, middle line. It should read, “..summary I have listed in Table 1 below.”

I inserted, here, two cross references to Table one, the first to point to the table number, the second to point to its relative position.

The second cross reference points instead to the full table caption. I have tried selecting the cross ref and pressing F9, then using Ctrl-A and F9. I have also saved and re-opened the document and repeated F9 as above. TM refuses to change the second cross reference to the word, “below.”

Just in case the document I have sent you re-opens for you with this error corrected, I have copied-and-pasted into my email a copy of paragraph 26 as it still appears in my document, with the fault highlighted.
---
John
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I was able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our development team.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Mac”