Help needed for SEND command

Guido_the_Italian

Help needed for SEND command

Post by Guido_the_Italian »

I attempted to use the SEND command to send a text copy of a document to myself, but it doesn't do anything.

The manual says it's supposed to copy the TM file to a blank mail message, but there is no blank message. In Preferences | System | External Applications, it says that if no external application is specified, the default OS application is used, so I left that blank.

What am I doing wrong?

The reason I'm using SEND is because I want to get a text copy of my document to send to other people. Is there a better/easier way to get a text copy of my document? In the EXPORT command I don't see a .txt option, which would be great.

BTW, I'm using MacOS Catalina.

Thanks,

Bill
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Help needed for SEND command

Post by SuperTech »

Please let us know which email client you want to use to send the document.

To save the TextMaker file as txt file you can click on ribbon command File | Save as | from the bottom document type dropdown, please select the second last option which is "Text file (*.txt)" as shown in the attached screenshot.

Thanks
MAC txt save option.png
Guido_the_Italian

Post by Guido_the_Italian »

Thanks for the comments, it appears that I did not notice that.

But, the result is not what I was looking for. I am looking for a text file that contains a print image of the document devoid of any special formatting, i.e. just text spaced correctly. One used to be able to print to a file and get the result, but that was a long time ago and perhaps it's not possible these days.

And on the subject of what mail client I am using, I am using a MAC, running MAC OS Catalina, Ver. 10.15.5. I use the standard mail client supplied with the operating system.

Thanks for the response.

Bill
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

You can try the last option "Text file with additional options (*.txt)" but that will be text file only.

When you send an email through TextMaker that will open New email with the file you are working as an attachment to that email.

As you want to send a copy to others so that they can take a print of it, I recommend you to select PDF from the list when you click on the Send button on TextMaker.

To test if your email client is properly set as default, please open the following link: https://www.softmaker.com/en/contact-us
and then click on any email ID to see if it will open a new email for you or not.

Thanks

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Mac”