save merged document to edit

garv

save merged document to edit

Post by garv »

Unless I am missing something (quite possible), another apparent limitation of TextMaker mail merge is the inability to merge to a file prior to printing, to allow editing. Yes, you can print to a file, but apparently only to a PDF which does not really lend itself to editing.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Jim
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: save merged document to edit

Post by SuperTech »

Please let us know what type of editing you want to do with mail merge. If you want to edit anything in the data records you can do that in the database else if you want to edit the template, that's also fully editable in TextMaker.

If you want to edit the database, please click on ribbon command Mailing | Edit database | Select database | you will get a fully featured interface to edit not only the content of the database, but also it's structure.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

Hi SuperTech, neither of your suggestions meets the needs of garv (and other users). Editing the database only affects the merged data, editing the template affects *all* the mail output. What we need is a possibility to make changes or additions to individual letters after merging, e.g. to add a personal sentence or paragraph for an individual receiver. The option to save merged letters as separate TextMaker documents would be helpful here.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded this feature request to our developers team.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Mac”