Embedding sound file, hiding icon - and can't find sound file

WordsFail

Embedding sound file, hiding icon - and can't find sound file

Post by WordsFail »

I have a presentation where, for each slide, I have recorded a sound commentary. The presentation is to play automatically on a loop at an event.

When I insert the sound file an icon appears, of a 'speaker'. This icon then appears when I run the slideshow but I don't want, or need, so see it. Thus I right clicked on the icon, selected Media Object Properties, and under the Properties tab, removed the tick against Visible.

This worked OK until I needed to change the sound file on one of the slides. There seems to be no way to find the sound file to select and delete it.

I've got round it by copying the slide from an earlier version of the presentation, deleting the slide with the unfindable sound file, inserting the slide from the earlier copy and then adding the sound file.

But there must be a way to select and delete a sound file from a slide even when the visibility has been set to not visible?

Regards,
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Embedding sound file, hiding icon - and can't find sound file

Post by SuperTech »

To see invisible objects, please click on the ribbon command File | File management group | Properties | View tab | Check "Show invisible objects" | OK. After that, you will be able to see all invisible objects.

Return to “Presentations 2021 for Windows”