Fit Text to Box Function

ropper

Fit Text to Box Function

Post by ropper »

Hello,

Since PlanMaker 2018 (the one I started with) I am missing the feature to configure "fit text to box".
In Microsofts Powerpoint it is very convenient to define a textbox with a fixed size, and then activate "fit text to box", so the text size is adjusted to fit the box.

In PlanMaker there is only "fit box to text", which is the opposite. A presentation is about design and alignment of the content. In most cases that means the elements have to stay consistent in size an relation to each other, while the (text-)content can be flexible in size.

It is weird to have a "fit box to text" feature, but not a "fit text to box" feature. As Softmaker states to be fully compatible with MS Office, I am missing this feature for a long time now.

It seems like I am not alone with this, as a short search in this forum shows:
https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?t=18133
https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.p ... 480#p60480

Please can you give us a hint when this feature will be available to be fully compatible with MS Office again? It is really a very useful and commonly used feature. Not having this feels like a flashback to the 90s in usability.
I really like having Softmaker Office as an alternative to MS Office, and I would LOVE to abandon MS Office completely, but missing this feature has a real impact to my productivity with Softmaker Office.
ropper

Re: Fit Text to Box Function

Post by ropper »

Of course this is a Softmaker Presentations Topic, and not a PlanMaker Topic. I accidentally posted it in the wrong section. For not confusing people, can someone of the Mods please move this to the correct section?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Fit Text to Box Function

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded this feature request to our development team but I can't confirm any date.

I have moved this topic to Presentations 2021 for Windows as per request.

Return to “Presentations 2021 for Windows”