Problem with the sort function

MistrBill

Problem with the sort function

Post by MistrBill »

I've never encountered this before, but the 'sort' function isn't working properly for me. When I try to use the sort command on a column (ascending), I get a low to high sort of 30 of the numbers in a column of 50+ items, THEN, about 2/3 of the way down, the REST of the items sort separately, low to high, in the same column. I've got two sorts in the column instead of one.

This happens in every column that has more than a few items, but at different places. I do not use macros or commands beyond what's available in the ribbon bars. I've used Excel and PlanMaker in this way for years, and never encountered this before. Have I accidentally inserted some command language? Something to do with the time and date of the entry? One theory I'm wondering about is whether all the more recent entries after a certain point are being sorted separately.

I've configured all the cells to 'text',and tried to copy and paste the numbers into a new page and into a new document, but I still can't get a simple low to high sort out of a column. Anyone know how to fix this?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Problem with the sort function

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for posting your problem. Please share a sample file and screenshot of the problem so that we can reproduce this problem at our end.

If your file is private, please send it to forum[at]softmaker.com with the link of this post.

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Windows”