using the search box or Ctrl + F

beethoven

using the search box or Ctrl + F

Post by beethoven »

Having only recently moved to softmaker, I am still finding some features working differently from what I was used to. I don't know if this is due to the implementation in the software or my approach. When using the search function in a spreadsheet I can find the cell or value I am looking for. However every time I want to edit this cell then, I need to close the search box first. In Excel the box remained open on the side and did not interfere with any data entry. Is there a way for me to achieve the same in softmaker?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: using the search box or Ctrl + F

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for posting your problem. Currently, we can't edit while the search dialog is open, but I have forwarded the improvement suggestion to enable this feature to our product management.
beethoven

Post by beethoven »

Thank you - I am pleased to see the responsiveness when little issues are mentioned, that's excellent.
In the case of the dialog box - a second and related request. If you work on multiple spreadsheets moving across different tabs, the constant blocking
search box can be annoying. Often it's the same search criteria I need for two or three tabs, comparing values, being able to move to a different tab with the search box just left there and ready for finding the value in a different tab would be helpful. At the moment I am doing a lot of Ctrl + F and Esc, reentering the same values three or 4 times.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

I have forwarded this also to our product management team.

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Windows”