How to disable new document opening in tabs in same window?

pulsar

How to disable new document opening in tabs in same window?

Post by pulsar »

Hi, I have the paid version of softoffice 2021. How do I prevent new document from opening in same window, new tab? I wanted the new document to open in a new window.

Thanks,
pulsar
Woody44

Re: How to disable new document opening in tabs in same window?

Post by Woody44 »

Open a new copy of PlanMaker. It should open in a separate window.

I wish SoftMaker would allow the program to offer a choice between "Open in new tab" and "Open in new window" when opening files or creating files. I'm sure some people like using tabs but I have zero use for them. The whole point of having windows is to be able to have two documents open on the screen at the same time.
CountMountjoy

Post by CountMountjoy »

Checkout this thread https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?t=17606 Worked for me.

But I have a related problem. If I have Document A open and the window is minimized, and I open Document B, the window containing Document A is automatically restored. Is there a way around this so a minimized window stays minimized?
pulsar

Post by pulsar »

thanks that kinda worked. but it would be a bit easier if I could open it from windows explorer. But anyway thats okay for now. One bug I found is, if you open the search dialog on one window, it doesnt allow to switch to other window, unless the dialog is closed. So its bit diffcult to work on two documents at a time.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I have forwarded the details to our developer team for further investigation.

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Windows”