Opening different worksheets from a main worksheet

lilskye

Opening different worksheets from a main worksheet

Post by lilskye »

I am having difficulty doing something in a Planmaker spreadsheet that I have done before but forgot to write down what I did.

I want to open Sheet2 when I click on a cell on Sheet1. I have named a range of cells on Sheet2 as "RangeX" so that Sheet2 opens to the right place for its corresponding data. I would also like the cell on Sheet1 to show the name "Click Here."

I know that I can click on a Range in the function dropdown box above the table, but there will be perhaps 100 or more Range names and that is too difficult for the users.

This is a simple function to write, but I just totally zoned on how to write it. BTW when I click on my test worksheet where I successfully wrote the expression, it only shows #Sheet2!Print_Area. I can't see the whole expression.

Thank you to anyone who will help.
Woody44

Re: Opening different worksheets from a main worksheet

Post by Woody44 »

See page 390 of the User manual.

I use the classic menu, not the ribbon, so it's easier if I just refer you to where SoftMaker provides instructions for doing it with the ribbon menu.
lilskye

Re: Opening different worksheets from a main worksheet

Post by lilskye »

Thank you for your help.

For those who may want to do this:

=HYPERLINK("[File Path]Worksheet!CellAddress","Requesting Cell Label")

=HYPERLINK("[C://Plan/PlantList.xlsx]Bldg5!A5","History") This places a label called History in the selected cell that, when clicked, opens the worksheet Building5 at cell A5. The referenced file can be in the same workbook or a different workbook.

One application for this is in a shared management application where all items (such as landscape plant names) are in a master worksheet, but the user has to keep a history of how well a plant is doing over time. Putting photos, dates, costs, plant health, growth patterns, environmental conditions, etc., in the master worksheet would make a beast of a matrix for over 1000 plants! Keeping chunks of the database separate and calling them up when needed with a single click keeps things simple.

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Windows”