Sorting on color

tod

Sorting on color

Post by tod »

I have an Excel file with 35,000 rows. One column contains names. I want to sort on duplicate items (i.e. put duplicate items at the bottom). In Excel I could do this easily by Conditional Formatting -> Highlight Dupes, then sort on color. Plan maker does not appear to have this ability.

Is there a way to easily accomplish this in Planmaker?
Volker Neurath

Re: Sorting on color

Post by Volker Neurath »

Same ist possible in Planmaker.
Difficult to explain as I use the German Version (I am 'German) - and I do not use ribbons but classic menues.

In the attached sample file I did the following:
1. marked all the names with the mouse
2. In the menue I chose "Format->conditional format -> New rule"
3. in the now open dialog-box I chose "format distinct or double values" (on my side the bottom second radiobuttonin the "type" block)
4. now the block "format" changes to just one drop down. there you coose "double values in marked area"
(with the second option you would highlight al distinct values)
5. click on the "format" Button and choose the format you want

Try and if you have questions don't hesitate to ask.
Attachments
conditional_format.pmdx
(6.12 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
tod

Post by tod »

Hi Volker,

Thanks for your reply. Changing the format is not the problem. I can achieve the same results with the Conditional formatting (changing duplicates to red). The problem is sorting. I want to sort the 'Red' cells so they are at the top. Is there any way to sort on the cell color?

Microsoft Excel can do this and is quite handy.

Thanks

Tod
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Currently, we don't have filter/sort with color feature, but I have forwarded this as a feature request to our developer team.

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can use countif function in a temporary column and then sort the data with that column so that all values which have multiple occurrence will be at the bottom, as per your requirements.

For your reference, I have implemented it in the above shared sample file.
conditional_format.pmdx
(6.28 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
beethoven

Post by beethoven »

Just trialling the program and came across the same issue - wishing to sort by colour - slightly different approach to the OP. I have a long spreadsheet with some products with cells in default colour and some products with background colours. At times I need to sort these not by item number or name but by the colour of the cells used. I am surprised that planmaker does not have this feature and strongly support this for future updates. The same goes for Filter.
tacker

Post by tacker »

Sum by color would also be great

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Windows”