Default startup file

caspar4

Default startup file

Post by caspar4 »

I am ready to buy Standard Softmaker Office 2021 and have 3 questions:

1) Can I pay with Paypal?

2) What kind of tech support if any is provided?

3) Is it possible to have a default startup file to open Planmaker?

Thanks
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Default startup file

Post by SuperTech »

caspar4 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:16 pm 1) Can I pay with Paypal?
Yes, you can pay using Paypal also.
caspar4 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:16 pm 2) What kind of tech support if any is provided?
Our specialized technical team provides support through emails. You can get support from our team and other experienced users through this forum also.
caspar4 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:16 pm 3) Is it possible to have a default startup file to open Planmaker?
You can create an icon on the desktop that starts PlanMaker with a specific document, or you can create a document template that will always be loaded when you start PlanMaker.
caspar4

Default startup file

Post by caspar4 »

I just bought Softmaker today thanks to your answer.
"You can create an icon on the desktop that starts PlanMaker with a specific document, or you can create a document template that will always be loaded when you start PlanMaker."

However, when in my desktop shortcut to Planmaker I added the path to the startup .xls file, I got an error.
So how would I do this?
Thanks, CMA
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

caspar4 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:28 pm However, when in my desktop shortcut to Planmaker I added the path to the startup .xls file, I got an error.
In the file name here you added space, please check if this space is actually there in file name.

If your filename or file path contain space, please put the complete file path with filename in double quotes like this : "C:\Program Files\SoftMaker Office 2021\PlanMaker.exe" "D:\Start Me.pmdx"

I have attached screenshot also for your reference.
PlanMaker Shortcut.JPG
caspar4

Default startup file

Post by caspar4 »

This works, thanks. But what should go in the "Start in" box?
Also, is it possible to open two workbooks on start up?

11/30/21 I got an "answer" from an anonymous tech guy who did not respond to my question but instead gave an irrelevant summary of templates. Does anyone know how to open two workbooks on startup?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

"Start in" field actually set the current working directory of the program.

Yes, you can set and open two, three files also with single shortcut by adding another file path after first one like this example :

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\SoftMaker Office 2021\PlanMaker.exe" "D:\Start.pmdx" "D:\Start1.pmdx" D:\Hello\TestStart.pmdx
caspar4

Post by caspar4 »

Thanks, I will try this.

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Windows”