Change default format number

less

Change default format number

Post by less »

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to customize an accounting format (or number) and set it as the default so that I can use it from the launch toolbar.

Currently, you need to select the cells, choose custom format (or use the default), change the parameters, and apply it. To use it again, you must copy the format from one cell to another or customize it again, which is tedious and less optimal.

The default formats don't help me (they bring decimals that cannot be set to zero, or include the currency symbol that I don't want to display).
Captura de pantalla 2021-10-19 182312.jpg
Captura de pantalla 2021-10-19 182312.jpg (26.38 KiB) Viewed 2011 times
Woody44

Re: Change default format number

Post by Woody44 »

See pages 187 and 188 of the User Manual. You can format a blank worksheet (or workbook) with the number format you want to use, then save that as a document template.

To use your new document template as your default template, choose the
menu command File > New, select a template, and click the Set default button.

I would not suggest modifying the built-in default template, but that's just me. [Please not that I am a fellow user, I am not part of the SoftMaker support team.]

I believe you are incorrect about the default numerical formats. The out-of-the-box default is "General," but if you select "Number" (in English, or "Numero" en Espanol), that also offers a box in which you can select the number of decimal places to display, as well as choosing whether or not to display a thousands separator.

PlanMaker_Screenshot.jpg
less

Post by less »

Thanks for read.

About save template. Planmaker only save code of format number but not modify predefined format numbers in new documents (and this code in not for humans :shock: ).
personal format.jpg
Change options in format menu only change select cells, not new cell (you need repeat change format, no have a option to save as predeterminated). ¿Not read prefered format number of Windows? Need more options of predefined format numbers in options menu.
Decimals.jpg
Yea, again, I can change format in menu but this changes not save for the documents, only for preselect cells.
Captura de pantalla 2021-10-22 191916.jpg
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

When I suggested making a new template, what I had in mind (but which I didn't mention -- my apologies) was to select a large range of cells and set the number format for those cells, then save the workbook as a template.

How large do your worksheets usually get? Suppose you format cells A1 through Z100 -- would that handle most of your needs? If you need more, you could do something like A1 through ZZ1000.

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Windows”