Displaying a negative value in brackets

julianding

Displaying a negative value in brackets

Post by julianding »

I have tried to have a negative value displayed in PlanMaker in brackets instead of using a negative symbol followed by the value, but to no avail. Tried the "custom" method (which is available under Number format --> Default --> More --> Custom), but still couldn't get it to be displayed in brackets. Excel forum mentioned changing the command in the custom field, which I did and it worked, but I can't maintain the change as a default function or standard feature. Have to try to do this everytime, which is troubling and inconvenient. Plus different spreadsheets require this to be set up everytime.

Please help.
Thanks
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Displaying a negative value in brackets

Post by SuperTech »

What custom format you tried in PlanMaker?

Just try

Code: Select all

0.00_);[Red](0.00)
as custom format and it will work.
julianding

Post by julianding »

The custom field that I used was << #,##0.00;(#,##0.00) >> which was available from EXCEL forum. It worked but this does not remain in the drop-down box.

I tried the code you proposed below, and whilst it works for the specific spreadsheet, the code is not saved into the custom field drop-down menu. How do I save it in that menu, or is there an easier way for negative numbers to be displayed in brackets.

Thanks for getting back quickly.
Julian
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please share the associated file of PlanMaker 2021 in which you are getting this problem with screenshot so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

If you want to send it to us privately, please send us an e-mail to the forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
viewtopic.php?f=383&t=20476&p=67933#p67933
julianding

Post by julianding »

These are the files with screen shots inside the sheets.
Hope you can help.
Attachments
Negative Number displays_15Oct2020_item2.xlsx
(652.81 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Negative Number displays_15Oct2020_item1.xlsx
(195.88 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing these files. If you are looking for currency, we already have this in currency section and if you don't want currency symbol there you can disable that also. Please check attached screenshot and confirm.
Negative value in brackets.PNG
julianding

Post by julianding »

I checked the screenshot you provided and I cannot get it into the negative number in brackets. See my screenshot of the currency command settings in the attached file. I also checked for updates and it says no new updates are available.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

But you didn't share any screenshot or attachment in your post.

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Windows”