Dropdown list from another workbook

Princy557

Dropdown list from another workbook

Post by Princy557 »

Hi,
Using Input validation ...
is it possible to create a drop-down list on a worksheet in workbook A using information from workbook B?
I've been trying but I can't manage it using the standard procedure I would in the same workbook.
Regards
Regards

Princy557
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Dropdown list from another workbook

Post by SuperTech »

Currently, adding Input validation from external workbook is not possible in PlanMaker.
Princy557

Post by Princy557 »

Thanks for the reply.
Do you know if it something on the development list for future?

I have a supplier list which is common to three workbooks , so I assume I will have to 'update' three lists on three workbooks every-time there is a new supplier added? Unless there is a way that I can do it another way???
Regards

Princy557
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

I have forwarded this as a feature request to our development team.

Meanwhile, you can paste this range from the source workbook to the other two workbooks as reference.

To do so, copy that range from the source workbook, right-click in the destination range > Paste special > Click on Paste reference button. This will paste the reference so that whenever you will update this data in the source workbook, the other two workbooks will be updated also.

On this referenced range you can build drop-down so the dropdown will also be updated. :)
Princy557

Post by Princy557 »

Hi
Well thanks for that, in some way your suggested method may be easier than actually having the ability to reference a different workbook. I will give it a try shortly and see how it goes.
Regards
Regards

Princy557

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Windows”