Solved: More Bugs...

Mike Sanders

Solved: More Bugs...

Post by Mike Sanders »

Last edited by Mike Sanders on Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: More Bugs...

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing these screenshots. Please share details of the problem, associated file, and steps to reproduce the problem you are getting in PlanMaker 2021 so that we can do further investigation for resolution.
Mike Sanders

Solved: Re: More Bugs...

Post by Mike Sanders »

Yes I'd be glad to share those details, but first, I must know the answer to this question...

Why can I not open a plain text .csv file as a plain text .csv file without PM converting the file to another format?

Consider this...

My tool chain uses more than simply SMO, I also use utilities such as awk/sed/grep to parse/read/write .csv. Because PM will not simply display the file in its native format, any changes I make within PM are not reflected within the .csv. Yes I know I can 'Save As', but the point here is, the file, the actual plain txt .csv is never shown.

I'm not sure this is good behavior on the part of PM...

Please answer my question in good faith & I'll answer your question at that time.
Last edited by Mike Sanders on Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Sanders

Re: More Bugs...

Post by Mike Sanders »

SuperTech wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:40 am Thanks for sharing these screenshots. Please share details of the problem, associated file, and steps to reproduce the problem you are getting in PlanMaker 2021 so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

Code: Select all

1. echo x,y,z > test.csv

2. dir

test.csv

3. test.csv is associated with PM

4. double click file test.csv
   PM loads file as NOT .csv

5. why? this is well, very presumptuous...
   If I wanted another format other than ASCII,
   I would've created the file after that manner.

Mike Sanders

Solved: Re: More Bugs...

Post by Mike Sanders »

Folks, consider this resolved as I've found a work around. Thanks.

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Windows”