Planmaker & VBA

webcompro

Planmaker & VBA

Post by webcompro »

Hi Guys,
Thinking about buying the new version. I have an Excel .xlsm file (using VBA) which I would like to convert into Planmaker. Should I anticipate any issues with this?
webcompro

Re: Planmaker & VBA

Post by webcompro »

OK, I checked the Manual (duh) and see it does not handle Excel Macros or VBA. So ... question answered 8-) 8-) 8-)
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

As you correctly mentioned, Excel Macros is not supported in PlanMaker but we have BasicMaker which uses scripting language similar to VBA. So, you have to manually convert convertible macros into BasciMaker Scripts.

Thanks
webcompro

Post by webcompro »

OK, thanks. But I think I'll stick with what I know for now. All the same I like what you are doing with Softmaker since its inception.
caspar4

Post by caspar4 »

" "If open Excel file with macros, cannot use them....Excel Macros are not supported in PlanMaker but we have BasicMaker which uses scripting language similar to VBA. So, you have to manually convert convertible macros into BasicMaker Scripts."

I like Planmaker other than the horrible surprise, that cannot use Excel Macros. How do I convert my Excel Macros to into Basicmaker Scripts?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

caspar4 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:20 pm I like Planmaker other than the horrible surprise, that cannot use Excel Macros. How do I convert my Excel Macros to into Basicmaker Scripts?
There are changes in the syntax of Excel VBA and BasicMaker script, so you will have to rewrite the VBA code according to BasicMaker syntax.

For more help on BasicMaker scripting, please refer to our BasicMaker manual.

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Windows”