Borders Around All Cells Cause PlanMaker to Print Thousands of Pages

LaurelValley

Borders Around All Cells Cause PlanMaker to Print Thousands of Pages

Post by LaurelValley »

I am currently running SoftMaker Office Professional 2021 (rev S1016.0624) 64bit. I am presenting three scenarios with their current outcomes and my request regarding PlanMaker.

Scenario 1: PlanMaker worksheet has 4 columns and 90 rows with data in them and “Borders” set to “None”. Printing this worksheet will print two pages which is what I would expect.

Scenario 2: PlanMaker worksheet has 4 columns and 90 rows with data in them. Next, select only the 4 columns and 90 rows with data in them so they are highlighted and then set “Borders” to “Box and grid”. Printing this worksheet will print two pages which is what I would expect.

Scenario 3: PlanMaker worksheet has 4 columns and 90 rows with data in them. Next, take the easy way, select the upper left area of the worksheet so all worksheet cells are highlighted, and then set “Borders” to “Box and grid”. Printing this worksheet will print 2,048 pages which is not what I would expect because data only exists on two pages.

Change Request: Please consider changing PlanMaker so it always defaults to only printing cells that have data in them regardless of whether or not “Borders” are selected.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Borders Around All Cells Cause PlanMaker to Print Thousands of Pages

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded this change request to our development team.
LaurelValley

Post by LaurelValley »

I updated my software today and am currently running SoftMaker Office Professional 2021 (rev S1018.0818) 64bit. The issue I reported earlier still exists. Does anyone at Softmaker have any idea when this issue will be corrected?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for updating SoftMaker Office and checking this issue with the update. As I mentioned I have forwarded the details to our development team and I will let you know when I will get any update from our development team but I can't promise any specific date for this.
tomgraham

Post by tomgraham »

I have also experienced this problem but only since the last update.
My A3 Landscape printout this morning would have printed 16 pages (when only 2 contained data) if I hadn't intervened.

I am using PlanMaker Professional 2021 (rev S1022.1108) 64bit

My two (intermediate) solutions were 1) to define the print area but for a work in progress this not ideal,
and 2) highlight the entire sheet and remove all cell borders, replacing them later where required.
Either way these should be unnecessary steps.

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Windows”