French grammar checker

Mimile

French grammar checker

Post by Mimile »

Good morning,
Is there a plan for a new version of SoftMaker, a French grammar checker?
Thanks
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: French grammar checker

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post. We just launched a new version of SoftMaker Office. I have forwarded this improvement suggestion...
ZekeMX

Post by ZekeMX »

Please also add Spanish to your list.

Soft Maker Office is a GREAT product and I love it but, this missing feature is a must.

Grammar is one feature that is keeping some friends away from buying SMO and prefer Libre BTW.

Regards
ZekeMX
bernado82

Post by bernado82 »

As requested by Mimile, a french grammar checker integrated into the word processor is a serious plus for text editing, in french. TextMaker lacks one, idem for WPS Office! But for LibreOffice and OnlyOffice, you can add a plugin or extension for this. For French grammar correction, the Grammalect extension (also available for Firefox, Chrome, Thunderbird and other programs) can be downloaded into these 2 applications. However, the integration seems to be easier to use in LibreOffice than OnlyOffice. For spanish language (and many others), a plugin/extension like LanguageTool (not available in SoftMaker Office) can help to fix grammar errors in text.

Here's where to find more info about Grammalect: https://grammalecte-net.translate.goog/ ... x_tr_tl=en
For those who would like to integrate it into their applications (SoftMaker Office?): http://grammalecte.net:8080/home
Informations for LanguageTool: https://languagetool.org
ChipTunes etc... is my public playlist for Spotify (a truncated version is on Deezer also) with nearly 1800 titles and over 110 hours of listening, go to: open.spotify.com/playlist/1juVxm3beomqM38isNZRIj
Mimile

Post by Mimile »

@bernado82
Good morning,
Thank you for your message. I also have MS Office Word which includes a French grammar checker and which I have used for many years. But I would have liked that FreeOffice also had a similar corrector, I really appreciate this simple and practical software and which seems to me to be a good introductory software for beginners, before moving on to more complex software like SoftMaker...
Sincerely
Mimile
Last edited by Mimile on Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mimile

Post by Mimile »

@ZekeMX
Good morning,
Thank you for your message.
Hopefully SoftMaker and FreeOffice will soon receive a Spanish, French and other language grammar checker…
Sincerely.
Mimile

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”