Text not changing and fonts not showing in textmaker

HelenFS2022

Text not changing and fonts not showing in textmaker

Post by HelenFS2022 »

Hello. I am using Textmaker on windows 11 and never had this problem on my old computer. I have opened a document that is in one font, but the system has automatically changed it to a tiny little font which it named as device font1 size 10. Only 3 installed fonts are showing in the text menu times new roman, ariel and calibri, then also showing is device font 1, 2 and 3. I have tried changing the size of the fonts and also the font type, both by highlighing text then doing so, and also by changing the settings then typing in new text. Nothing is changing this text at all. I've tried opening different documents, starting new ones from scratch , everything, but I cannot change this text from this tiny system font. There are at least fifty fonts installed on my computer, but only the ones I mentioned are showing in the font list on Text maker. I've looked for a softmaker fonts folder but there does not seem to be one. Please can someone help me as I have always used Text maker for my work, it's the best programme I have found and as I said, it always worked perfectly before!
Woody44

Re: Text not changing and fonts not showing in textmaker

Post by Woody44 »

Fonts in Windows programs (apps) are controlled through the operating system. There won't be a separate directory for fonts for Softmaker Office. The fonts (by default) should be found in C:\\Windows\Fonts

https://www.alphr.com/where-does-windows-store-fonts/

Try opening WordPad -- see if you have a full set of fonts available in WordPad.
HelenFS2022

Post by HelenFS2022 »

Hi. Yes I do have all the fonts available in Word Pad and other applications. My point is that they are not showing in Text Maker, in the actual programme, in the fonts dropdown, only the ones I mentioned.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Open TextMaker's Print dialog box and ensure that the correct printer driver is selected there. The "Universal/Text Only" driver is bogus, it should not be used.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
HelenFS2022

Post by HelenFS2022 »

Thank you SO much this seems to have worked!

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”