Send picture behind header

Shifty Marlin

Send picture behind header

Post by Shifty Marlin »

Hello, I'm working on a document in which I have several pictures that cover nearly the entire page. I have sent them behind the text, which has worked as expected with text within the page's horizontal and vertical margins, but the pictures cover my headers (and therefore the page numbers).

Is it possible to adjust an image occupying the same space as a header so that the header will be visible over the picture?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Shifty Marlin

Re: Send picture behind header

Post by Shifty Marlin »

I seem to have figured out a work-around, although if there is a simpler way to accomplish my goal I would still appreciate it if someone could tell me.

By starting a new chapter on the first page with a background picture and adjusting its margins to match the upper margin of my headers throughout the rest of the document, then copying the header and pasting it at the top of the page, I have managed to make it appear consistent with the rest of the document. It took some careful adjustment to get the rest of the text to start at the same position as the other pages' top margin (that is, the actual margin and not the header's margin) but it looks good enough for my purposes.

This does raise a follow up question - is it possible to make a paragraph begin at a certain inch? To clarify, my document's margins are 1 inch and I would like to have a page with 0.25 inch margins to accomodate my header (which is at that position elsewhere in the document) while the rest of the text begins at the 1 inch mark.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Currently, there is no simple way available but you can continue with your workaround.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

You should check out master pages. Placing a text frame (instead of a header) and a picture frame on the master page lets you do exactly what you want.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”