How do I SUM in textmaker table? (free version)

LorenClayton

How do I SUM in textmaker table? (free version)

Post by LorenClayton »

Hello
Can someone please advise how I total (SUM) a row of figures in a Textmaker table?
What I've been doing is clicking in the bottom cell under the figures, Click on INSERT, CALCULATION, scroll down to SUM, but then I don't know what to do. Am I supposed to type something in the brackets that come up? SUM( )
Is SUM feature available in the free version? What am I doing wrong?
Please advise, thanks.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: How do I SUM in textmaker table? (free version)

Post by Jossi »

Yes, the calculation feature is available in FreeOffice, too. You just have to insert the range of table cells you want to sum up between the brackets.

For example, if you have a table with five columns (A to E) and three rows (1 to 3), and you want to sum up columns A to D of row 2 in the fifth column, you insert a calculation SUM(#A2;#D2). NB: The double crosses before the cell names are necessary to tell the program that it's about the numerical values of the cell contents; if you forget them, you will get an error message.

If, instead of whole cell ranges, two or more separate cells are to be summed up, you may use the plus sign, e. g. SUM(#A2+#A3+#A4), and if you want to sum up a whole row in the last cell to the right or a whole column in the last cell at the bottom, you may use SUM(LEFT) and SUM(ABOVE) respectively.

More about this feature can be found in the TextMaker manual on pages 443-444.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”